30 November 2008

sometimes...

...it's just easier to answer "fine" " alright" "pretty good" "OK"

but sometimes it's really hard to say those words. Especially when you give that answer to the people you want to talk to the most. But they're so far away, that sometimes you just wonder: What's the point?

I've been "fine" " alright" "pretty good" "OK" for a couple of months now. I was doing really really well, actually, before September 12th.

A couple days ago I was listening to a playlist on my iPod. Tyrone Wells' song "What Are We Fighting For?" came on. There's a refrain near the end of the song that goes like this:
"I have a dream
One day we'll see
All men be free
I still believe"

I teared up with those words. Because they were words of hope, instead of "don't do this, don't act like this, this is wrong, this is right." It reminded me of who I really am and not this shell of a person who's living this life that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment