11 November 2008

bloggy mcbloggerton the third

This last week I went to Santa Barbara for a few days to do some work on my show. I drove home around noon. There's a stretch of the 101 South that goes right along the water's edge. It's so close that when the wind is right, the waves splash a mist across the windshield. With clear skies and the sun high, the ocean was bluer than bluer and it sparkled like there were a billion diamonds floating on top of the water. It's moments like those that I really miss living near the ocean.

I spent about three hours on Olivia's dress today. Yesterday I spent probably just as many hours measuring and cutting and making sure it was just right. As I was putting it all together today, I realized I probably made it too big. Better to be too big than too small right? Because then you don't have to take the scissors to it while the actor is wearing it...like you do...
no, no of course not! I have never done that before!!

And here I am resorting to talking to myself. On a blog. sigh

All I can say is that it's going to be one hellava tech week next week. I have so much to do. Oh, and my back. I did something work to it at work last week and now it is painful to sit, stand, and walk.

This evening, I also spent some time with my grandmother, setting up her new DSL internet and showing her how to use a computer. I found it fascinating to see this beloved 81 year old spunky woman try to remember how to type. One of her many jobs over her lifetime was some secretarial work, yet she had to reintroduce herself to Qwerty. "Golly!" she said, "they've got everything here!" Yes, Grandma, they have everything and more on the internets. More than you could imagine. Drunk squirrels, Billy Graham, Charlie bit me, WebMD, and even Barack Roll'd.

Prince's song "Kiss" is really fantastic. I hate 80's music, but I really love this song.







I miss my friends.

1 comment: